top of page

Why Adventure Coordinators is different from other travel companies

Ever noticed these days that when you call a tour company you are speaking to someone in a call centre? They need to acquaint themselves with your file, your likes and dislikes. They flog only their own product ("sorry, we don't go to Greece, but have you thought of going to Italy?") And on top of it all, often the person you speak to lacks the experience that comes from years of travelling.

Experience counts

Adventure Coordinators is different. We are small and are proud of our personal service. From the first time you call Adventure Coordinators, you will work with an experienced dedicated travel coordinator (Tom Gehrels) who will have travelled to almost 100 countries and all continents. With a quarter century of adventure travel expertise Tom will be in a unique position to find and book the best trip for you, chosen from a host of the best tour operators in the world.

The operators we use

We don't just book a limited number of operators, we book the operators we think are best for you. We take in to consideration your age, your comfort requirements, the itinerary on offer, the price, and whether you prefer to travel in a small group or with just your own friends of family. among other factors.

For small-group holidays we book most of our trips with Exodus, G-Adventures, Intrepid, Peregrine, World Expeditions and Explore. Nearly half our clients book on these trips, be they active or have more of a cultural immersion.

In the luxury market we like Abercrombie and Kent and National Geographic.

For expedition cruises we work with One Ocean, Lindblad and Quark among others.

But did you know that we also have a large network of local Destination Management Companies? Nearly 30% of our clients are booking tailor-made holidays booked through these local expert tour operators.

We are small and people love us

Last year we helped well over 200 people have a tremendous holiday experience (yes we are small and we plan to remain that so we can give you the service you deserve). 71% Of those clients are repeat clients, a number that keeps climbing. 16% Of our clients are referred to us by repeat clients. Another 9% of clients book with us because they are in our personal circle and know what we do.

That means a full 96% of our clients know us, trust us and love what we do. (The remaining 4% find out about us through the limited marketing we do)

As Colomba put it: "Tom, without a doubt you have been the most amazing travel assistant ever! We've been planning trips with you for 15 years (!?) and have never been disappointed. Your knowledge of travel and the world as well as your warmth and ability to figure out our particular needs and wants is exceptional. I would (and have) without any hesitation refer you to everyone I know and anyone I meet. Thank you for giving us the gift of amazing travel!"

We listen

We listen to what you need, use our expertise and knowledge to find you the perfect trip and make sure each and every holiday is a memorable one. That is our personal travel experience put to work for you!

bottom of page