If there is a way to capture the heart and soul of Europe, it must be through its amazing variety of food.
Travel on one of our favourite eight tasty food adventure holidays in Europe.
1) Food Lover's French Way of St James This exquisitely crafted itinerary captures the essence of the Way of St James pilgrimage and the many culinary delights to be found along the way. Beginning in Le Puy en Velay in the Auvergne, the journey on foot is a rich sensory experience taking in the best sections of the Camino between Le Puy and St Jean Pied de Port, including time in the historic and beautiful towns of Conques, Rocamadour, Saint Come d'Olt and Saint-Cirque-Lapopie. The foodie highlights are endless, with tastings of delectable cheeses, wines and truffles, interspersed with the rustic cooking style for which the region is renowned. From lunch at a small 100 year old family restaurant, to wine and Armagnac tasting, market visits, truffle hunting demonstrations and fine dining, this is a full-bodied experience. Need more information? Email us and quote code UCCF
2) Food Lover's Spanish Camino This unique approach to a classic pilgrimage route combines a passion for good food and produce, with the incredible history of the trail crossing northern Spain. The walking is combined with cooking demonstrations and numerous samplings of the local cuisine from the heart of Spanish modern cuisine in the Basque region to the small rural villages on the Camino, as the pilgrimage is commonly called. In the company of a local gastronomic expert, there will be many insights into the local culinary scene, two Michelin Star restaurant dining experiences. Need more information? Email us and quote code UCCT
3) Spain & Portugal Real Food Adventure Immerse yourself in culture, history and cuisine as you taste local produce at Barcelona's Santa Catarina Market, whip up Catalan specialties in a cooking class and wander the stunning Gothic Quarter. Enjoy the wealth of tapas bars in Logrono, explore the medieval streets and underground wine caves of Laguardia. Venture north to San Sebastian, with its thriving food and arts scene. Experience a traditional Asturian cider house and taste tapas in Santiago de Compostela. Discover the proud fish-mongering heritage of the port city of Vigo, then step across the border to uncover the flavours of Portugal, featuring African, Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern influences. Sip your way around the Douro Valley and enjoy a home cooked dinner and a farm stay in the Alentejo region. Finish up with glass of Ginjinha (wild cherry liqueur) in the charming city of Lisbon. Need more information? Email us and quote code ZMZLC
4) Food Lover's Via Francigena Walk the route of the Francigena Way, the ancient pilgrimage route between Canterbury and Rome, to discover the essence of Italy's culinary scene. The guided day walks combine the incredible Tuscan landscapes with numerous opportunities for tastings of local products and wines, delicious food as well as the intriguing history of the Via Francigena, which encompasses classic cities like Lucca, Florence and the medieval fortified citadels of Siena, San Gimignano and Monteriggioni. You'll also enjoy hands-on cooking classes so that you can learn the secrets of Italian cuisine. Need more information? Email us and quote code UFLV
5) Italy Food Adventure Italians are the masters of creating simple dishes that sing with flavour. Regional, seasonal and as fresh as possible, Italy’s cuisine is hearty, satisfying and made with heart. Inspired by the kitchens of the nonna, Italy’s food is authentic and surprising – pizza and pasta are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the diverse array of unforgettable food you’ll find on this adventure that travels from Venice to Rome via San Gimignano and Bologna. Need more information? Email us and quote code IZMZB
6) Sicily Food Adventure From cannoli to arancini, Sicilian food is world famous, but on this tour prepare to be overwhelmed at how varied and diverse Sicily’s cuisine really is! The various civilisations that have occupied the island over millennia have not only left an unparalleled cultural heritage, but a culinary history that sets Sicily aside from mainland Italy. Sample Palermo’s fragrant street food in its vibrant markets, practise hands-on cooking with local chefs in Trapani, sip the finest wines in Marsala and Etna and indulge in mouth-watering gelatos whilst relaxing in sun-kissed Baroque piazzas. Let food lead the way in this captivating journey through culinary and cultural highlights! Need more information? Email us and quote code EADY
7) Greece Food Adventure Uncover a world of ancient treasures and authentic food on this indulgent adventure through 4000 years of culinary culture. From the pistachio farms and fish markets of the Saronic Islands to the olive groves and rugged coastline of the Peloponnese region, meet passionate cooks and local producers as you explore the diverse flavours and faces of Greece. Beginning in the historic hub of Athens, cycle through the charming island of Aegina, cook up a storm in a local kitchen in Poros, relax on the beaches of Kardamyli and marvel at the legacy of ancient Greece at the Theatre of Epidaurus and Mycenae's Treasury of Atreus. With a hearty serving of breathtaking sites and mouth-watering bites, savour iconic Greek flavours from ouzo to olive oil on a real food adventure that’s sure to spoil your senses. Need more information? Email us and quote code IZMZG
8) Turkey Food Explorer Take a culinary journey through Europe and Asia on this authentic food adventure full of Turkish delights. From the aromatic spice bazaars of Istanbul, through the Anatolian wine cellars of Goreme, and on to the kitchens of Gaziantep – the country’s kebap capital – discover an intoxicating combination of east and west cuisine and be rewarded with a wealth of secret recipes and endless memories. From bites to sights: witness the spectacular Blue Mosque, the impressive whirling dervishes, and the ancient site of Gobeklitepe – an archaeological complex that pre-dates the pyramids – all while feasting on the delectable dishes of their regions. Whether you’re dining on age-old Ottoman recipes that were served to the Sultan, indulging in a heart-warming homecooked fare in the caves of Cappadocia, or exploring the gastronomic alleys of Kalakoy on the hunt for flavour-filled street food, this exploratory adventure through the tastes of Turkey will surpass all expectations. Need more information? Email us and quote code PETF